Technical SEO refers to the process of optimizing a website for search engines from a technical standpoint. This includes making sure that the website is easily crawlable and indexable by search engines, and that it is designed and structured in a way that maximizes its potential to rank well in search engine results pages (SERPs).
Technical SEO is an important aspect of SEO, as it helps search engines understand and crawl your website more effectively, which can result in better search engine rankings, increased traffic, and better overall user experience.
What is Technical SEO Checklist?
A technical SEO checklist is a list of tasks and best practices that website owners, developers, and SEO specialists can follow to ensure that their website is optimized for search engines from a technical standpoint. This checklist covers various technical aspects of website optimization, including website speed, site architecture, mobile optimization, indexing, crawling, and other technical factors that can impact a website’s search engine visibility.
Here are some key elements that are often included in a technical SEO checklist:
- Website speed optimization
- Mobile optimization
- Website architecture and navigation
- URL structure
- Website security (HTTPS)
- XML sitemap creation and submission
- Robots.txt optimization
- Canonical URLs
- Internal linking structure
- Schema markup implementation
- Structured data testing and validation
- Duplicate content identification and resolution
- Broken links identification and resolution
- Website performance monitoring
- Website accessibility optimization